Monday, November 21, 2011

Kyle Friends, Home, and Life itself

    Moving to Kyle was not nearly as devastating as I thought it would be. I was nervous about making friends and about living in a disgusting house, but Ididn’t have to be.
    Nervousness was stupid and I don’t know why I was. Everyone is nice and I have made at least two friends already! It’s only been two weeks! My first friend was Gabby, the YW’s Beehives president. She and I have a lot in common, except that she is organized and responsible. She is home schooled like me, so we have a lot of time on our hands for each other. HanaNoel “Noel” is my other friend and she is home schooled as well. She is fun to be around and not too “grown up”. She came over and we played action figures and she asked if we could go look at my pipe cleaner dolls some more! I think Papa scared her away, though, because he made us haul trees so we could burnthem. We fed her with fire roasted hot dogs, though, so I think she might come back!
     After we ripped the house apart and started actually moving in, it didn’t seem so gross and I think of it as home now. The ward is nice and we only live four minutes away from the church. Everything is so close by here and they’re building a new, huge library that we could ride our bikes to! We’ve started to clear the land little by little and it’s kinda looking better... Olivia and I are starting to build a fort in the back, but it’s starting to rain (finally!) and I think I ought to get walls and a roof on it quick. Raise the floor off the ground to it doesn’t rot, and get some cosy stuff back there. I do still need to find a friend who will help me build the fort, so it gets done when Liv is being too lazy to help.

Sibling rival hasn’t gotten any better since the move and I have to share a room again and sleep on an air mattress that the girls keep jumping on and pushing it away from the wall. Do you know how many times I’ve had to dig all my stuff out from between the wall and the bed, push it back against the wall, and make it (again) during the last few days!?!? Haha, but I’ll survive!
    So that’s life so far! The move hasn’t changed very much around here, but I’ve gotten a fresh and healthy start in the social world of a teen!

No comments:

Post a Comment